Saturday, June 7, 2008

Talk about change




Talk about change.

Well, it's been three months after I started my new life. I mean, taking the job, paying bills and finally living like a grown-up. Sorry for no update. Let me begin by walking you through my typical day. Get up between 6:30 and 6:50 am, I don't take morning shower. Breakfast was usually cereal but now I am digging rice more and more. Arrive at the office 7:30 to 7:45 am and start my day. Work is typically analyzing samples using TEM from various research groups internally from the company. Writing report is part of job too. I usually take off between 6 and 7 pm so I end up working 9-10 hrs a day.

Back home, kitchen is my little niche. I enjoy cooking a lot and want to make it more serious than just feeding me up. A piece of ribeye steak has become my official weekly ritual. TV is not my thing. Sitting in front of the balcony under a lamp and do a little reading have found more place in me. I finished one and half Harlan Coben mysteries after I've been here: Deal breaker and The woods. They are great books. Quick and dirty, you know what I mean. For more serious reading, I recently started reading Nikolai Gogol, finished his Overcoat. Great sarcastic writing style. Good thing they are short tales. My day is usually concluded in a hot bath. I can spend hours in it.

Did I mention I ride bike to work daily? The red one is my commuter. It's got a Brooks B17 special on it if that matters to you. And yes, it feels great! Also ladies and gentlemen, the black one is my roadie! 2008 Madone 4.5. When living in a small town you need to have some hobby to get the most out of it. Cycling has been become my thing. Don't ask how much it costed.

No comments: