Sunday, November 10, 2013

More photos from Severin Koller

I really enjoy the works from the austrian photographer, Severin Koller. Most of his photos were taken with films. Here are some of his photos found from the Leica Camera Blog.

His black and white images are rich in soul and stories. On why he prefers shooting film on the street, here is what he said:

"There are subjects I only capture because I know it will look beautiful with black-and-white film and there are those I don’t even consider photographing since they will only work in color. Needless to say, a lot of images can work both ways. Also, my personal approach is focused on a timeless look."

" Also, it takes me several minutes of work to do that on the computer, while a black-and-white negative is what it is. If you have endless possibilities of changing and manipulating photographs, then you can easily miss the point of what photography is about. You’re not a good photographer when you have to manipulate your photographs."







No comments: