Saturday, January 26, 2008

Paper Acceptance and Job Rejections

There is no free lunch in the world. Good things are always accompanied by bad crap. My nature materials paper on surface contraction is finally accepted. The paper had began at the end of 2006. So it's been through a whole year of struggling to end up in somewhere. I have given up thinking on how important my work is. Time has made me feel bad. When Jim forwarded me the acceptance email from nature materials editorial, I was calm and at peace. I've been through enough to not make a big deal out of it. Challenges after challenges are waiting to me, I have to learn to move on wisely. Meanwhile, the two companies that I have interviewed with, the Shell Oil and the Praxair, both rejected me after a few months of reviewing me. I understood the economy is tough and getting into a recession. Praxair is not doing well this year. Pinggui told me that some people even have to be laid off. I can't complaint about my misfortune with shell. Thing just doesn't click. Working in the energy industry is what I always want to do. Hopefully, in Dow I will contribute my part to develope some new catalyst to save more energy.

No comments: